A NURSE ANESTHESIA REFRESHER PROGRAM 2015
June 8-19, 2015 (Deadline for registration May 1)
December 1-12, 2015 (Deadline for registration November 1)
Registration Starts now - Click here to register
"Review & Update: A Nurse Anesthesia Refresher Program" is designed for certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs) who have not been substantially engaged in the practice of nurse anesthesia for more than three years. The program is designed as a refresher to update skills and knowledge of current theoretical practice in anesthesia in order to meet prevailing standards of nurse anesthesia practice and to apply for recertification.
1. To foster acquisition of current knowledge, attitudes, and concepts necessary for safe nurse anesthesia practice.
2. To establish a minimum continuing education experience needed to enable the nurse anesthetist to become recertified.
Nancy Bruton-Maree, CRNA, MS
Director, Raleigh School of Nurse Anesthesia
Raleigh, North Carolina
Mary Karlet, CRNA, PhD
Director, Nurse Anesthesia Program
Sandra Ouellette, CRNA, MED, FAAN
President, R&S Ouellette, Inc.
President, International Federation of Nurse Anesthetists
- General Information:
1. The AANA Refresher Program consists of both continuing education (CE) and clinical components that must be completed within a 24 month period and must be approved by the AANA CE Committee.
2. "Review & Update: A Nurse Anesthesia Refresher Program" has been prior approved by the AANA to meet the requirements of the CE Component of the refresher program.
3. The clinical component of the program must be arranged by the refresher student. It is recommended that a clinical site be obtained BEFORE investment in the CE component. It is also recommended that Phase I of the CE component be completed before the clinical component.
For further information contact:
Sandra M. Ouellette, CRNA, MED, FAAN
183 Heatherton Way
Winston-Salem, NC 27104